Welcome

Monday, April 18, 2011

Lois Lowry - St. Louis County Library

https://www.facebook.com/STLCoLibrary

Apparently, the Lois Lowry library visit was a great success. I wanted to attend but had previous family events. I must say I have only read one book of hers, The Giver. However, her style and message will stay with me forever. I will admit I did not always like the message and became a bit "put out" by her ending. Regardless of how it made me feel, it was one of the best books I ever read. I read this as an adult student earning my teaching degree as part of a children's literature class. I was completely swept up by all the surprises and enjoyed them even though my polyanna attitude of life had trouble accepting this story.

I hope those in attendance learned something from her and enjoyed her company.

TFR,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment